Take action now to save Darfur

Friday, February 24, 2006

For Sale With Ocean View

*Six Major U.S. Ports * Beach Front * Ocean View * Highest Bidder*

You learn something new everyday, I guess. Who knew that it was standard practice for the executive branch of the United States government to sell off portions of the country? I'll be right up front and honest... I don't understand how this works, I don't know how long this has been going on, and I don't understand why it's necessary. I've got some research ahead of me and currently I'm coming up with nothin'. Oh sure, I can find news articles about it that repeat the same talking points... what I'm having trouble finding is actual legislation that allows for this sort of thing to take place. It must exist somewhere, right?

I find it troubling that this took place without Congress's knowledge. Apparently they find it troubling too...and not just the Democrats, this time. What is even more disturbing is that President Bush himself was unaware of the transaction until just days ago, after the puppet masters behind the scene had already dotted their "i's" and crossed their "t's"... at least that's his story. Condi Rice swears it's necessary and not a security risk.... of course, we shouldn't forget that this is the same woman who didn't concern herself one iota with the PDB "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." I'm sure her judgment is sound. (note tongue planted firmly in cheek).

The most ghastly thing of all to have happen, is that I found myself in agreement with Sean Hannity (of FNC's Hannity and Colmes) on last nights show. Not only did this leave the foulest, wretched taste in my mouth, and cause me to screw up my face as if I'd just caught a whiff of the rotting corpse of roadkill....it drove home my Spidey-sense that this port deal cannot be good.

Apparently, according to today's news (link below) the deal between the U.S. and the United Arab Emirates is temporarily on hold. Although, not specified for how long... and President Bush repeats his vow to veto any legislation put before him to block the transaction. So I guess it's just another dog and pony show in an attempt to appear as if this administration is actually considering anything Congress has to say. I can't believe people buy this crap that they sell.

I have more questions than answers.... okay, I have no answers. I'll re-visit this topic when I find some.

Peace out.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060224/D8FVI7PO6.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

...Ann Coulter {{shudder}}

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home