Take action now to save Darfur

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Erin Go Bragh!

When it comes to the cast of biblical characters, St. Patrick trumps Jesus Christ. I mean, really, what's the big deal about postponing the observance of the sacrifice that JC made for us, by dying for our sins and all? For crying out loud! St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday this year people...and we Irish gotta get our corned beef on! Well, I am Irish, but I'm not Catholic and I don't particularly care for corned beef, nor do I normally celebrate St. Patty's Day...did I mention I'm Irish?

Bishops from several states have given the green light to Roman Catholics to go ahead and eat that meat on Friday. It will not be considered a sin. It is far more important that they eat the traditional St. Patrick's Day meal than stick with Lent in honor of Jesus Christ. The hypocrisy of the Catholic Church knows no bounds. They wag their self-righteous finger in our faces about our morality, but then compromise their own morals for corned beef brisket. Lookie-here how this guy is going to make it up though:
In exchange for his corned beef meal, O'Leary said he plans to give up something else, such as chicken wings or beer on a weekend when he's watching sports on television.

It's no wonder I have such a hard time taking religion seriously.


Bishops Bend Rules For St. Patty's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home