Take action now to save Darfur

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Eye of the Beholder

One man's trash is another man's seductive sculpture, or something. This should go straight into the 'Great Big Book of What the Fuck?'. A life size sculpture of Britney Spears giving birth, naked on a bear skin rug was created by Daniel Edwards and will be on display in Brooklyn's Capla Kesting Fine Art gallery. The name of the piece is "Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston"... frankly, I couldn't care less if it is a monument to pro-life or pro-choice, I think the whole thing is just plain creepy as all get out. I've posted the link below that shows a front and side view of the sculpture. Mercifully, that was all; I've no desire to see what this thing looks like from the rear.

I see many flaws with his sculpture, however. First, Britney Spears had a C-section, so my guess is it wasn't done while on her hands and knees. Call it a hunch. Second, Spears is into animal rights, so I doubt giving birth on a bear skin rug is something that would appeal to her. But then again, Kevin Federline is her husband, so there's no accounting for taste.

Thirdly, Edwards claims that the sculpture is not meant to be political. With a name like "Monument to Pro-Life" I can see why people were confused. My personal opinion is, who gives a shit what it's supposed to say. It screams 'creepy', in big, bold, capital letters!

Spears Immortalized in Stone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home