Take action now to save Darfur

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Huffington Hullabaloo

Since I mentioned it in my blog entry "Four Times the Kudos" (below), it's only fair that I post a correction for the few people who follow my blog, and for those who might stumble upon it.

It turns out that Ms. Arianna Huffington, of The Huffington Post, was not quite honest when it came to a certain blog entry on her site, suposedly written by a certain celebrity, George Clooney. There was apparently a miscommunication about quote's from Clooney that were authorized to be used on her site. Ms. Huffington structured the quotes as if it were a blog entry from Clooney himself. A complete misrepresentation to her readers, and a practice that I personally find quite deceitful.

Image is a fragile thing, particularly when one is a celebrity, and Ms. Huffington had no right to take it upon herself to represent Clooney as a poster on her blog. While there were those of us, like myself, who admired, what we thought was a legitimate entry from George Clooney, and are proud of what he said publicly, there were just as many who were eager to verbally tear him apart. Now I know he's a big boy and can handle himself, but it is up to him to decide how to present himself and which battles he wants to fight. He doesn't need Ms. Huffington dictating how he should appear to the public, and it certainly isn't up to her to pick his battles for him.

She owes him an apology, pronto...publicly, not just on her site.


Clooney to Arianna: I Did Not Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home