Take action now to save Darfur

Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm Somebody Now!

In the memorable words of Steve Martin in The Jerk, I'm somebody now! My blog and I are part of an article in the local Santa Clarita section of The Daily News. I know no one cares a hill of beans about that except for my parents (who are just beaming by the way because their little girl made it in the paper), my family, and myself...but I'm gonna gloat about it a little here because it isn't everyone that has an article written about them! It's a decent article and I'll even overlook the fact that the writer misspelled my name, Melanie, by spelling it as Melanine which sounds like some kind of toxic chemical you'd store organs and tissue in...it also conjures up images of cancerous melanomas.

I admit I had some misgivings about speaking with Eugene Tong, the author of the article, because I wasn't sure how I was going to be represented. With todays partisan political climate, you just never know what someone is going to say about a Liberal. After reading the article I don't have any regrets.

For anyone who is interested in reading it, I've attached a link below, and for those who are visiting because of it...hi!(waving) and thanks for stopping by!


Local bloggers throw in their two cents

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again!
I'm so proud of you! :D

9:44 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Thanks doll ;-)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home