Take action now to save Darfur

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The End Is Nearer Than You Think

If you're not scared yet, you should be. Seymour Hersh, who wrote in The New Yorker of Bush's plans for nuclear attacks on Iran using bunker-buster tactical nuclear weapons. Mr. Hersh writes that Bush's ultimate plan for Iran is regime change:
One former defense official, who still deals with sensitive issues for the Bush Administration, told me that the military planning was premised on a belief that “a sustained bombing campaign in Iran will humiliate the religious leadership and lead the public to rise up and overthrow the government.” He added, “I was shocked when I heard it, and asked myself, ‘What are they smoking?’ ”

Yes, what ARE they smoking? Because I want to make sure I steer clear of smoking that particular brand of bat-shit crazy. One would presume that he'll need a declaration of war from congress, or a bogus "authorization for use of force if necessary" like was drafted prior to the invasion of Iraq. How much you wanna bet Bush will assert his "unitarian presidential authority" and just do what he want's to do, per usual. I wonder how George W. Bush would have handled the Cold War with Russia? Any guesses?

The New Yorker


Bush Planning Nuclear Attacks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home