Take action now to save Darfur

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Coincidence?

What with Father/Daughter Purity Ball's all the rage today...oh, in case you aren't familiar, here's the 'purity pledge':
I, (daughter’s name)’s father, choose before God to cover my daughter as her authority and protection in the area of purity. I will be pure in my own life as a man, husband and father. I will be a man of integrity and accountability as I lead, guide and pray over my daughter and as the high priest in my home. This covering will be used by God to influence generations to come.

Creepy? You bet. And am I the only one who invisions Rafiki from The Lion King when reading the words 'high priest'? Now that you've read the pledge, please take note of this recent news article:
During the past decade, there has been a significant increase in the proportion of teenagers and young adults engaging in oral sex and, less commonly, having anal intercourse, according to data from STD clinics in Baltimore, Maryland.

I'm so laughing right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home