Take action now to save Darfur

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Open Mouth, Insert Irresponsible Foot

I really do not think it is possible for me to put into words just how much I loathe Bill O'Reilly. He is the king dookie stain on cable news. I finally had to stop watching his joke of a television program, The O'Rielly Factor with the catchy little "The spin stops here" (who are you kidding with that? Really?) because even though it occassionaly served as inspiration for my rants on my blog, it just wasn't worth the high blood pressure listening to the irrisponsible comments being spewed forth from his irrisponsible mouth (the one located on his smug face). But every once in a while I come across something this skid mark has said that just compels me to respond.

Bill O'Reilly, you should be ashamed of yourself, questioning the motives of the activists and celebrities that have donated their own time to bring attention to the dire situation in Darfur. What have you done to garner attention to the cause sir? What has your show done? What have you done personally? Have you donated your time? Have you been there? Have you aired segment upon segment on your show to bring this very urgent matter to the attention of the people? Seeing as how you have your OWN show, wouldn't it be fitting for you to put your money where your mouth is? I get that you believe there is a war on Christmas, and I can't count how many hours you dedicated to THAT worthy mission; how about dedicating yourself to something a little more substantial? Perhaps it is "the color", sir, that has you turning a blind eye.
"On the peace front, most of those demonstrators believe the USA is a flawed country and so is Israel, and it's our fault there's terrorism in the world. On Darfur, the intentions are better, but there's a hard left base here as well. It may have something to do with color. Surely the Marsh Arabs in Iraq slaughtered by Saddam did not get George Clooney's attention. Even so, the slaughter in Darfur must be stopped and President Bush should take the lead in this case. So many questions; so little time. And that's a memo."

You're despicable.

Media Matters: O'Reilly

1 Comments:

Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

He is crazy and my mama always told me it isn't nice to laugh at crazy people...but sometimes ya just gotta.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home