Take action now to save Darfur

Monday, May 15, 2006

Queen of Denial

Laura Bush doesn't believe the low numbers her husband has recieved in the most recent polls. Her defense is the positive way that people respond to him and herself when they take their little trips around the country. I think a certain someone has forgotten that those who attend the Bush gatherings sign loyalty oaths. So, like duh! Of course the people they come into contact with have a positive opinion of President Bush...and here I thought she was a smart woman.
"I don't really believe those polls (well then that's all settled!). I travel around the country. I see people, I see their responses to my husband (the responses I want to see anyway). I see their response to me," she said. (who would have a beef with you?)

"As I travel around the United States, I see a lot of appreciation for him. A lot of people come up to me and say, 'Stay the course'."

Many recent polls have put Bush's job approval rating below 35 percent. One, the Harris poll, published last Friday, measured his approval at 29 percent, the first time any survey has put his support below the 30 percent mark. Two other polls published last week put his job approval at 31 percent.

In a separate interview on ABC's "This Week," Laura Bush said her husband's popularity was suffering because the country had been through a difficult year.

We've had a very, very difficult year, starting with the hurricane last September, but already because of the terrorist attack in 2001 (nice touch) and then the war on terror since then," she said. "He's the one that has to make the hard decisions (because he's the decider). And, of course, they don't please everyone (because he's the decider)."
All BOLD emphasis mine.

Denial is a fun place to visit but I don't reccomend staying there for more than a weekend.

Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls on husband

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home