Take action now to save Darfur

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sticks and Stones

Right-wingers are the first to label those on the left as hateful. If it is hateful to refuse to support an administration that takes a crap on our Constitution, trumps up and fabricates intelligence to send our troops to war, cripples the agencies designed to protect and/or aid us by padding them with unqualified cronies, squandered our good standing and reputation throughout the world, and sending the national debt soaring through the roof...I really could go on and on, but I do have a life outside of this blog...if it is hateful to speak out against the aforementioned, then great! I'm hateful. The disgust I feel and express didn't send our troops to Iraq, it didn't get anyone killed, it didn't get innocent Iraqi's killed, it didn't leave people stranded in the wake of Katrina, it didn't raise our national debt to $30K per person, it didn't violate any of our civil liberties that we are supposed to enjoy under our constitution, and the disgust that I feel and express didn't break any laws.

Get real! The hateful people are those who are in power, right now, and those who put them there. We are a nation of laws; a statement that right-wingers scream from the rooftops when the subject of illegal immigration pops up, and yet, they are the first to excuse this administration for trampling on the laws that protect our civil liberties. They are the first to exclaim that they have no problem with government intrusion into their private lives because they've got nothing to hide. They willingly and almost eagerly give up their freedoms, even if those freedoms are taken from them illegally, all in the name of the "war on terror". They are selective about which laws they think this nation should abide by.

It is the hatefulness of the right that re-elected this administration in '04, either in support of his disastrous policies or out of spite to stick it to the liberals. In your orgasmic zeal to spite us, you betrayed the very principles that this nation was founded on. Then you have the unmitigated gall to call liberals hateful when all we've done is attempt to hold this administration accountable for it's actions, and call a spade a spade.

Right-wingers can go on calling us liberals hateful; it's no skin off my nose. I can rest my head at night knowing that I in no way endorsed this administration or its policies, ill conceived, illegal, or otherwise. My conscience is clear. It's not hateful to tell someone they're wrong, when they're wrong. It's just truth...so suck it up.

If you believe in your convictions then it shouldn't matter one iota what anyone has to say about it, right?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you won me back. : )

But promise to be nice to lady at your sons tee ball with the W sticker. politics and religion should never get in the way with whether you like her or not. Virtually all of my friends are Democrats and I wouldnt have it any other way. I dont like to talk to people who agree woith me, what fun is that? But When I think of bumper stickers I think of the Lutness's car. Which one is the license plate? Ever see that car? Wow!

Jack ( Never Anonymous) proud to be me and stand by everything I say and write.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Glad to have you back Jack! You were my first dissenter...I'd hate to lose ya!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much fun to argue with someone who at least has their ( you know what ) together.

Well, rest assured, I am here to dissent with you T.F. But I dont insult or hurt with words
(unless your real name is Frank Ferry, then we got a problem).

Hard to believe I am the first to disagree with you based on what you write : ). I didnt actually disagree the first time, I just thought your approach was mean spirited. Which I still think I was right about by the way. : )

Oh wait, I am NOT the first to disagree, whom ever "anonymous" was in that earier thread was NOT me, so that counts as two who dont aggree with ya T. F.

Jack (never anonymous or NA )

4:25 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

I'm certainly not Frank Ferry...my ovaries are bigger than his ;) and I'm no fan of his either. We, at least, have that in common. I'm not pleased with his plan to raise parks and recs fees for non-city residents.

And, because I'm a stickler for details...Annonymous disagreed with me AFTER you, so the way I count, that puts you FIRST.

Anywhoo...nice to have you here and I'm sure I'll piss you off more than once.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

And, yes, I spelled "anonymous" wrong.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats ok. its a difficult word, albeit its located in the "leave comment" section... : )

You dont piss me off. Its your blog. I quite honestly enjoy reading and hearing an opposing point of view. I speak to Mike Cruz, a up and comming Dem in the community, all the time and we go toe to toe. Its fun. He not wrong nearly as much as you are however. hahaha HOWEVER, and I cringe when I write this. You may be right on the drugs point. I hope your not totally right, but I fear you may just be.

Jack n/a

3:57 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Now, Jack...if you're gonna claim that I'm wrong, ya gotta give some examples honey.

Let's debate them, shall we? It'll be fun. I promise I won't bite too hard.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home