Take action now to save Darfur

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Casualties of Divorce

It really chaps my hide the way parents use their children as pawns in the game of divorce. As a child of divorced parents myself, I speak from experience that just the act of divorce itself is traumatic enough. The fact that your family, your security, is no longer what it always had been is frightening for a child (I was 4 years old at the time). So when I see adults using their children to inflict emotional pain on the other adult, I see red. It's rarely the adults who pay dearly in this scenario and it is usually the child(ren) that are burdened with the guilt of believing that the game of emotional mudslinging is all their fault. All because two adults aren't mature enough to manage their problems in a civilized manner. I can't and probably won't ever be able to understand that deplorable behavior...and the adults in question should be wholly ashamed of themselves.

Judge Wants Psychologist to Assess Baldwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home