Take action now to save Darfur

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Cause for Grief

Ann Coulter's words regarding the widow's of September eleventh have been swimming around in my head like an angry jellyfish. Okay, I'm quoting Spongebob, but I have three kids, I don't get out much...cut me some slack. Her defense is that these women are using their grief as a platform for political reasons. But so do countless other victim's families. For instance, Natalie Holloway's family, Terri Shaivo's, Cindy Sheehan, and Mother's Against Drunk Drivers, just to name a few. Where are Ms. Coulter's scournful words for MAAD? Or does she just save her vitriol for those who dare speak out for change in the policies of the Bush administration (i.e. 9/11 widows and Sheehan)? I don't recall Ann stating that Terri Shaivo's parents were enjoying their daughter's death after their book was published, or when Laci Peterson's parent's book was published for that matter.

No. Coulter is only critical in the most despicable of ways when those that use their grief as a catalyst for change, oppose Bush. I wish that someone with the opportunity to do so, would challenge her on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Wondering said...

Tootsie. Just wanted to give you a heads up - I linked to this post today. Don't think you require permission and I can assure you no copyrights were harmed in the making of my post, still ... didn't want you to be shocked if you check in with us later. Have a good one.

10:45 AM  
Blogger WSTIST said...

Tootsie, you have to give this Anne chick her credit! Because as someone that belongs behind a cosmetic counter can attest to, its that,"this smells good, and it covers up that horseshit smell!" She knows her audience, and I know more than a few good ole fellers that are saying "hell ya" that she's back in the news....By the way, did she write a book?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

I'll give her credit for being a shrieking hag, WSTIST.

JW~ Thanks doll!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home