Take action now to save Darfur

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Get Thee to a Theater

You would think that with all of the undiscovered talent out there, and the fact that just about everyone in Los Angeles has written a screenplay that is sitting on a shelf collecting dust in their bedroom (myself included), that we wouldn't be bombarded relentlessly with movie sequels. Mission Impossible 3, Basic Instinct 2 (was the first really decent enough to allow for a second?), Big Mama's House 2, Ice Age 2, The Santa Clause 3, Superman Returns (again?), Police Academy 8 (eight??? really??? I guess Steve Guttenbergs gotta eat too), Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (end it already), Pirates of the Carribean 2 (actually, I'm kind of looking forward to that one), Saw 3 (no mystery there), I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (we get it, you know)...just to name a few off the top of my head, but you get the picture.

I know it is said that Shakespeare already wrote all of the stories that there are to be told, but come on. Would a little originality be too much to ask of my $10 price of admission? Not to mention the $50 spent on snacks for the family? After taking the kids to see Garfield 2: A Tale of Two Kitties, please don't make me suffer through a Garfield 3: The Cat That Ate Italy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home