Take action now to save Darfur

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Personal Brag

Today was our toddler daughter's debut on the stage. Although she's nearly 3 years old, so I guess technically she is considered a "pre-schooler". Gosh! You'd think after 3 kids I'd get the proper termanolgy down. Well, you'd think. But I digress. She was stunning. Nevermind that on Thursday she tripped over her big brother's shoe and broke her fall with her face, which resulted in a fat lip complete with blood blister. My poor little sugar. It figures, of course, her first stage presence and she's beat up. Kinda like when you're going to take that professional family photo and someone inevidably ends up with either a black eye or a bad haircut. I'm off track again. She was magnificent in her fluffy, cotton candy pink tutu, sequins, and ballet slippers...and her white tights that encased her thunder thighs. She was a beautiful angel standing up on that stage. And that's just what she did, mind you...stand there. No matter. She got up there like a trooper with the rest of her tutu clad gang. They were darling and the hit of the recital.

That's my mother's brag for the day.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Creation Station? Newhall High Auditorium?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

That would be the place. Where you there? 4:30 show? My daughter was the one standing there biting her nails.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Hart High auditorium.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How freaking funny. What song was yours/hers? My daughters was Jump Jive and wail. Yes, we were 4:30 show.

Were you sitting on the left side ( Left side of stage if you were looking at it) about 3 rows from the front? End seat?

Jack

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were on that side, about 6 rows back, I was on the end seat in the aisle holding my son who was sound asleep on me. There was this cute little girl in a white tu tu dancing in the aisle in fronmt of us to every one of the songs being performed on stage. Really cute and funny.

Jack

12:02 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Small world. That is funny. The song was "I Hope You Dance" the second performance from the end of the show. I was sitting in the middle section towards the center. One of my best girlfriends daughter was in the same group as yours!

I was wearing a white top (same as the one in my photo here) and a bluish/green skirt. I was up on the stage with my daughter at the beginning, if that helps ya. Where were you sitting?

12:33 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Woops. Nevermind, you already answered where you were sitting. My bad.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Small Valley! At the begining my daughter had no friends there yet so I stood at the edge of the stage with her while all the other kids and apparently some parents romped around up there.

Im sorry that I missed your daughters performance, my son passed out from the long day over at the Cruz's so we left right after my daughters skit ( Yes, that was a saturday night live reference and it fits). We never leave early, it was the first time, but he was out cold and we were all totally wiped out as well.

Creation station does a great job! We really like everyone there a great deal. I think they are all liberals too. hahahah

Jack

12:53 PM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

I don't know if they're liberals but they are good people. We've been friends with the owner and her husband for 15/16 years. We go way back.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was joking.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home