Take action now to save Darfur

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Week With Family

I apologize for my lack of attention to my blog this week. I have family visiting from the east coast and am happily enjoying every moment of it. We seemed to pack as much activity in today as we could. The morning started out with a brisk hike through Fryman Canyon; carrying my two year old most of the way. That's gonna hurt tomorrow! We spent the rest of the day at Hurricane Harbor, and I gotta tell ya...I'm getting old. The slides are supposed to be fun, right? It isn't supposed to hurt, is it? After climbing a staircase that seemed to touch the heavens, I faced a steep drop off, complete with one woopdie doo after another. I assumed the position (arms clasped behind my neck, and feet crossed), pushed off, and flew gaining speed and momentum...except with each woopdie doo I would leave the slide momentarily and return with an extremely painful wallop. I was thrilled, scared, excited, and thinking, "this isn't supposed to hurt, is it?". The wollups were sucking my will to enjoy the fun of it. I finally reached the end, with my bathing suit bottoms wedged so far up my ass that I had to pull them out of my mouth (it seemed)! Which I'm sure was a great show for the young men who positioned themselves at the exit, probably lying in wait for such a sight. Good times. Although, I'm sure I'll have some bruises tomorrow!

I hope y'all continue to pop in and I'll try to post when I'm able!

Peace out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Wondering said...

Can't tell you how relieved I am ... I thought you were on your way to a CIA blackhole or something! Enjoy the family. That's the "why" that matters.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home