Take action now to save Darfur

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

It's just a phone. I just want to make or receive a call. Is that too much to ask? Cell phones these days...good gosh! I'm not tech savvy in the least. It's a miracle in itself that I was at all able to get this blog up and running...still not quite sure how I did it. Parents everywhere are scratching their heads every month upon receiving their cellular provider statement, wondering just what in the heck their teenager did to ring up that bill. I'll tell ya what they didn't do...talk. They're too busy taking advantage of all the super-uber cool features this "phone" has to offer. They're downloading music, matching ringtones with their personality, taking pictures, text-messaging, playing games, slicing and dicing, and baking potatoes. Okay, they don't do the last two. Yet.

I've still not managed to set up my voicemail on my cell phone because I don't even get reception in my own dang house! I had to have my teenage sister activate the blasted contraption because I didn't have faith that I'd be able to do it. And that was after consulting the useless manual that you have to be seventeen to understand anyway. And do you know just how many pages are dedicated to all the extra features these "phones" have? I don't know. I do know that the "phone" part of the manual is less than 4 pages. Out of approximately 30.

But hey, it's just a phone, right? My advice to parents everywhere? Prepaid phone cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home