Take action now to save Darfur

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The "Hoverer" and Other Pet Peeves

I gotta get this pet peeve off my chest. The "Hoverer". That would be the person at Starbucks in line behind you, who orders their drink after you, and takes up residence on the pick up bar when there is clearly 8 to 10 people ahead of them waiting for their own orders; orders placed before the person currently hovering (and blocking) over the station where completed coffee orders await. This person seems to not have any concept that their own drink will be at least the eighth coming up. They're oblivious to the folks who are performing amazing feats of contortionism to reach the drink clearly marked for them and not the "hoverer". There is also the "Hoverer" who takes it that one step further, who manhandles each drink to check the name on it. To the Queen Hoverer from last evening: If you ordered a HOT Latte, then clearly my FROZEN Frappucino is not your drink. Keep your mitts off...and do us all a favor and back the heck up.

And furthermore, to the parents who let their children roam free on the patio adjacent to Starbucks: If you don't want your own child sitting at your table spending time with you, what makes you think that I do? If I wanted to enjoy the company of children while enjoying my coffee I would bring my own.

There...I'm better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home