Take action now to save Darfur

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lakadaisical Parents

Note to parents of small children: I'm not interested in keeping an eye on your kids while I try to enjoy time with my own. If you bring your kids to the park (or any other public place for that matter), here's a tip: watch them. While trying to spend happy family time with *my* family this past weekend, cheering on my son and his softball team, I had to play offense with a little "tweener" (not quite a toddler but not yet a preschooler) from hurling water bottles at my daughter. "I made a weapon!" he declared...super. His own mother was peacefully enjoying the game, ocassionally tossing a disinterested "stop that" over her shoulder, which had no effect whatsoever on her little darling. I had to supress the urge to pick him up and shout to his mother "go long" before hurling a hail mary in her direction.

These are the same kids who firmly plant themselves at the base of a slide and declare themselves king (or queen) of the castle, refusing to let others pass. They're the same ones that confiscate my children's toys in the sand box...my daughter came to build a sand castle, she needs her "tools"...bring your own. My daughter would happily share if sharing were something your child were interested in; they're not. Get off your phone, stop chatting with your girlfriend, take a look around once in a while. You're raising little bullies that are going to spend a great deal of time in the principal's office come school time; so don't be surprised when you find yourself there. I'm not your babysitter, nor do I want to be. Do YOUR job!

Rant over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally appreciate your comments. But have you noticed that parents in the SCV are absolutely not interested in their offspring? I'm talking young teens (under 16) walking around with their belly buttons pierced, young boys with multiple ear and facial piercings, not to mention the girsl who get new boobs as a 16th Bday present. It is no wonder these children are out-of-control. Using foul language everywhere, driving like maniacs (gee, maybe they learned from their parents), and in general, being the rudest little brats on the planet.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home