Take action now to save Darfur

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

They're All Together Ooky...The Adams Family

Happy Halloween...blah, blah, blah.

Two things happened this week that make me wonder if I'm living in some backwoods, one stoplight town and not one that I pay outrageous property tax for (seriously, you'd weep). I'm going to try to keep things as anonymous as is possible since I have to live near these people, but suffice it to say there is one house on this street that is quickly becoming "those neighbors". First, they've taken to parking on their lawn. At first I thought maybe it was a mistake or that they just had to run in the house really fast to retrieve some item that they had to have so badly that they just didn't have the wherewithal to park in their actual driveway. In fact, it looked like one of them had driven home under the influence and crashed into the tree, except the car was unscathed. Alas, no. They came and went several times over the course of as many days, parking the car in their new, albeit strange, spot. These are also the neighbors that have no less than 6 different cars at any given time parked hither and yon amongst the street, so it goes without saying that there is precious little space in their actual driveway. They finally stopped parking on the lawn, so I guess that's good.

"What about their garage", you ask?

"It's full of crap", I reply.

"What kind of crap", you inquire?

"All the shit they couldn't bear to part with from their old house, the one that was so much badasser and bigger than this current one that they often remind us how they had to downsize to live in our neighborhood; the poor dears", I say absolutely dripping with sarcasm complete with great big eye rolling.

When they decided to clear out the scraggly rose bushes and other unidentifiable overgrown brush that they call a garden, I figured "Hey! Finally!". So what if they did it not with a shovel and shears, but a strong rope and a pick up truck with a really kick ass bumper (who wants to be bothered with gardening tools anyway?); at least it was finally getting some attention. Imagine my surprise when it was discovered that they had done so, not to enhance curbside appeal, but to set up their Halloween graveyard. Sigh.

If this wasn't enough to just gal the hell out of me, what really chaps my hide is that their immediate next door neighbors have been trying to sell their house since midsummer. Now I don't know about you, but if I were a prospective home buyer and pulled up in front of this dilly, spotting the lawn parking and their questionable shrub removal tactics; I'd seriously reconsider plopping down my life savings to live next door to such a spectacle.

3 Comments:

Blogger 1blueshi1 said...

I didn't know you lived so close to me! hehe
seriously funny stuff, girl.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Steve Marshall said...

Glad to see you're back in business. I hadn't checked your blog for months because it went dead earlier this year. Even though Patty and I are in Arkansas, we still keep an eye on what's doin' in beautiful downtown Santa Clarita...when it isn't burning, that is.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Tootsie Farklepants said...

Arkansas?!? What happened to Hawaii? Did I miss something? I hope you guys are doing well!

:)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home